Your friends can edit and create new activities.
To edit an activity (did you spot a spelling mistake?) simply follow the Improve this page link at the top of most pages on bettermtl.com.
To create a new activity:
- Create a New file in the
- Copy the example activity bellow to get a head start, you can delete the
[optional]details which you cannot specify at this time, for example you may not know the
locationyet - come back later to edit and update the activity
- Ensure the file name has the
- Commit changes to save
In a few moments, you’ll see your changes appear on bettermtl.com
The different lines explained
Name the file in the following format:
Config for activities
Write your content using markdown right bellow the file config (also known as front-matter data).
(in order of difficulty ☺)
- Chat with us on gitter - anyone can do this!
- Locations (in
_locations) and people (in
_network) work similarly to activities (in
- Add a translation: create new file, use same
refand add the
langattribute in the front-matter, e.g.:
"en"for English (
"fr"when not specified)
- Submit new issues or comments on waffle
- Clone the repository and hack away at the code, send pull-requests
Fantastic, you are now an active contributor - thanks much!